[Guest post by first commenter sunshin3girl.]
Doesn’t involve sunny side ups, it’s an easy peasy egg salad. More like, easiest peasiest why-don’t-we-have-fun-with-boiled-eggs-more-often recipe.
Tangy Egg Salad
This quick and easy salad is a hit, every time. What’s more, it fills you up too.
1. Eggs (At least four to make a plate full.)
2. Olive Oil
3. Spices: Red Chilly Powder, Salt, Oregano, Black Pepper is optional (Adding both red chilly and black pepper gives HOT results.)
1. Hard-boil the eggs*.
2. Once done, let them come to normal temperature and then carefully shell and cut into half vertically. More careful you are with this step, the better the appearance of the salad.
3. Scoop out the yolk from all eggs. In a bowl, add one teaspoon olive oil, the yolks, and the spices to taste. Mix well until it forms a thick paste.
4. Now fill each of the egg-halves with the paste. The paste goes where the yolk came out of, of course.
5. Put in the refrigerator to cool. You could make some garnish out of carrots/radish, coriander, mint, or butter lettuce while you wait.
PS: If you are really like decking up your food (like me), you could add a tiny drop of chilly sauce/ketchup on each egg-half.
* How to boil an egg: I was told that the recipes are too complicated, so here’s the youtube video for help.