Tamarind (soak in water/use extract)
Wait, only if you can get past peeling and de veining them, move forward. Else, skip the recipe. Or, you could use frozen ones.
Other ingredients (Mix and match):
1. Microwave prawns with water till they look cooked.
2. Put the first four of the “other ingredients” into the pan with the oil. Stir. Wait.
3. Add the prawns. Stir, wait.
4. Now add the tamarind extract and a little water. Let it boil and dry up.
5. Too sour? Add a bit of sugar/jaggery.
6. For a real spin, add a bit of shredded ginger, and chopped red chillies.
Stir. Garnish. Serve.